[linux-lvm] System Suggestions

Petro petro at auctionwatch.com
Wed Mar 6 13:40:01 UTC 2002

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 11:52:30AM -0500, Anthony W. Marino wrote:
> Could someone, please, provide me with a link and/or facilitate some
> suggestons for configuration of the following components for a new DB server
> hosting MySQL 4.01MAX?  I'm only looking to get a start and don't expect
> "THE" answer since all things are relative and I will have to further test
> the various scenarios.
> SuSE 7.3-2.4.18
> 512MB RAM
> 4x40GB Maxtor IDE (7200RPM) drives
> 3Ware 7800 RAID Controller
> LVM
> XFS

    You really don't provide us with enough information here.

    How big is your database, both in total size and in number of
    tables. How are those tables utilized, when they get used do you
    primarily open one table, manipulate it, then close it, or do you go
    across a bunch of tables?

    All of these, and more will have a dramatic impact on how you set
    this stuff up.

--
Share and Enjoy.