[linux-lvm] System Suggestions

Anthony W. Marino anthony at AWMObjects.com
Wed Mar 6 16:02:02 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 06 March 2002 04:57 pm, Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 04:45:21PM -0500, Anthony W. Marino wrote:
> > I should then hope to find all I need in my 2.4.18 kernel to pull this
> > off (3Ware/XFS/LVM)?  What RAID/LVM config do you recommend to minimize
> > write issues with RAID 5?
>
> If you have a vanilla 2.4.18 kernel, you definately won't have XFS built
> in, and I don't think you'll have the latest LVM code built-in (although
> I'm sure someone will correct me on this if I'm wrong ...)
>
> The kernel and a lot of patches later, and you should be all set. :)

My kernel does have XFS and I believe LVM.  I need to find out about
versions.  This kernel is built by a Kernel person from SuSE and is not a
fully supported release, however, it was just released the other day.  Maybe
I'm lucky and have latest and greatest LVM/XFS?  I've never patched a kernel
before, however, I have built several.

Anthony