Two messages lost (was: Re: [linux-lvm] vgscan errors, segmentation faults)

Florian Hinzmann f.hinzmann at hamburg.de
Sat Mar 23 02:45:02 UTC 2002

Hello!

I did send two more messages the same day I sent the
first one. Looks like they got lost. I'll bouce them now
to the list for completeness.
The reasons for them getting lost may well be my chaotic
mail setup at that time. The damaged box was my internet
gateway and mailserver so I had to improvise a "little bit".  ;)

On 22-Mar-2002 Heinz J . Mauelshagen wrote:

> please put together all your vg01.conf* metadata archives *and*
> the actual metadata on all devices retrieved with
>
> dd if=/dev/PV of=PV.vgda bs=1k count=4k
>
> (replace PV by hda2 etc. running that command on all PVs)
> in a "tar Icf" created archive for further investigation.

Heinz, I'll send that files to you via private mail now.
If anyone else is interested please send me a short note.
I'll be glad to send the files to you, too.

> Send that to me attached via email ASAP because I'll be leaving for a
> vacation trip tonight and can't help you before after Easter again.

I assume you are gone now and will get my mail after easter. That
is no problem for me as my box is working again. I did write that
in the two mails which did not make it to the list before today.

Thanks for your generous offer for fast help.

  Regards
      Florian

  Florian Hinzmann                         private: f.hinzmann at hamburg.de
                                            Debian: fh at debian.org
PGP Key / ID: 1024D/B4071A65
Fingerprint : F9AB 00C1 3E3A 8125 DD3F  DF1C DF79 A374 B407 1A65