[linux-lvm] Re: LVM Woes

Jims theman at chaj.com
Wed May 1 11:04:02 UTC 2002

The patched 0.9 vgcfgrestore didn't seem to work. I had vgcfgrestored -o
/dev/sdd1 /dev/newdrive and it came back as a success. But when I run a
pvscan, it doesn't recognize the newdrive as part of the volume group. I
know I had extended the vg with ver. 0.9.1 beta sometime after it's
initial creation with ver. 0.9. One other thing to mention is this. The
bulk of the vg in question is striped. The drive that died is a 4.5 gig,
so I would expect data loss to be THAT bad. Since it is striped though, is
it impossible to recover anything? I'm sorry that I neglected to mention
that before. I've learned many a lesson from this. Do you think a patch
for 0.9.1 beta is worth trying?