[linux-lvm] Physical volume size changed

Jens Hoffrichter joho at hausboot.org
Wed May 22 06:21:01 UTC 2002

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 04:27:22AM -0600, Andreas Dilger wrote:

> > Now we have extended the logical volume on the IBM ServeRaid by using
> > 3 36 GB disks, so the logical volume on the raid controller now has
> > 203.4 GB.
>
> I assume when you say "logical volume" you actually mean "physical
> volume"?
Yes, I meant the logical volume on the raid controller which is the physical
volume for the LVM. Sorry for the confusion :))

> > I have issued a SCSI reset on the bus hoping that the LVM notices on the
> > fly that the physical volume size has changed, but it doesn't recognize
> > it.
>
> No, you need to use "pvresize", which is part of very recent LVM tools.
> I'm not sure if it needs kernel support or not.
OK, thx, I upgraded my lvm tools and I found the program. I just have to
convince my users now that they can't use the server for a while so I can
unmount the partitions on the lvm logical volume. But I have to resize
the partitions on the lv nevertheless :))

Thanks very much for the help from all of you!

CU all,
Jens
--
GPG: 1024D/CF884D50  F2E8 F7FC F823 6464 4E9D  EFAB 6EE9 8B9C CF88 4D50