[linux-lvm] enterprise kernel

Ben Snyder ben at jumpline.com
Tue Nov 5 11:27:02 UTC 2002

My company uses a software package that 'requires' a RedHat Enterprise
kernel.  The word 'requires' is in quotes as it doesnt seem to be
required other than by the vendor's policy.  They wont support it if
it's not enterprise, although the software seems to function just fine.

The problem I'm running into, is that LVM doesnt seem to be included in
the enterprise build available from RedHat in rpm format.    I know I
can build my own enterprise kernel, but I'm an RPM rookie (in the
context of creating them).

I am curious if anyone out there knew of a workaround or a pre-existing
config file that I can plug into my kernel source or rpm spec file that
will provide the compile options and/or modules for LVM to function
correctly in a 2.4 enterprise kernel?  The whole idea of kernels in
pre-configured in rpm format makes me shudder, but I have to do what I
have to do in order to get things working.

aTdHvAaNnKcSe