[linux-lvm] Max LV size

Alexander Lazarevich alazarev at hera.itg.uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 11 16:10:04 UTC 2002

I've got a RAID 5 array which is 500GB. It's on a red hat 7.3 system
(2.4.18-3 kernel) using sistina LVM 1.0.3. I've already got my VG set up,
and I'm now crreating the LV's, but I've got a problem.

vgdisplay -v tells me the max LV size is 255GB. So I figured I'd decrease
the number of Max LV's (currently at 256) to 128, and then that would
increase the size that each LV could be. But when I do a "vgchange -l 128
blah", it just stops and says "segmentation fault".

What gives? I really hope 255GB isn't a limit. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Alex
   Alex Lazarevich | Systems | Imaging Technology Group
   alazarev at itg.uiuc.edu | (217)244-1565 | www.itg.uiuc.edu