[linux-lvm] LVM for a Database

Rechenberg, Andrew arechenberg at shermfin.com
Tue Nov 26 16:19:03 UTC 2002

You're going to get better performance if you have /dev/sd[b-e] and then
span across those devices or use LVM striping.  That is RAID10.

I have a Dell 6600 with two PowerVault 220S with the second
configuration (12 RAID1 arrays, /dev/sd[c-n]) and then use Linux
software RAID0 to stripe across those 12 RAID1 arrays.  It gives fairly
good performance.

I don't have LVM on top of the RAID0, but I will be doing just that in
the near future and I can post the results here if you wish.

Regards,
Andy.