[linux-lvm] crash

NagyZ nagyz at piarista-kkt.sulinet.hu
Mon Oct 7 08:43:44 UTC 2002

hi!

i have some problem with lvm, after a crash, my raid controller has gone,
and i cant access my vg and lv -s..
now:
~# pvscan
pvscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/hdm1"  is associated to unknown VG "apolloftp"
(run vgscan)
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/hdi1"  is associated to unknown VG "apolloftp"
(run vgscan)
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/hdj1"  is associated to unknown VG "apolloftp"
(run vgscan)
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/hdg1"  is associated to unknown VG "apolloftp"
(run vgscan)
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/hdh1"  is associated to unknown VG "apolloftp"
(run vgscan)
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/hdc1"  is associated to unknown VG "apolloftp"
(run vgscan)
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/hdd1"  is associated to unknown VG "apolloftp"
(run vgscan)
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/hda4"  is associated to unknown VG "apolloftp"
(run vgscan)
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/hdb1"  is associated to unknown VG "apolloftp"
(run vgscan)
pvscan -- total: 9 [545.98 GB] / in use: 9 [545.98 GB] / in no VG: 0 [0]

lvscan:
~# lvscan
lvscan -- no volume groups found

~# vgscan
vgscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
vgscan -- ERROR "vg_read_with_pv_and_lv(): current PV" can't get data of
volume group "apolloftp" from physical volume(s)
vgscan -- "/etc/lvmtab" and "/etc/lvmtab.d" successfully created
vgscan -- WARNING: This program does not do a VGDA backup of your volume
group

1, if i cant replace my the raid controloler, then how can i save my
datas?

2, if i can replace it, then it will be okay? vgscan and lvscan will work?

3, if the winchesters has gone, then what should i do? :)

there was 12 winchester in lvm..

please help

NagyZ