[linux-lvm] lvm2 support in kernel - regular lvm on disks

Peter Hoeg peterhoeg at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 14 00:44:58 UTC 2002

hi,

have searched through the archives at sistina.com as well as google, but yet
to no avail.

does anybody know if it is possible to boot a LVM2 enabled kernel (say the
latest 2.5.42-ac1) and use that with a machine with regular LVM (1.0.5)
created volumes? also, if i install the lvm2 tool for debian, they are
conflicting with my lvm1 tools, so are the new tools backwards compatible?

thank you very much in advace - please do cc me on any answers,
peter