[linux-lvm] lvm with gpt partitioning?

Luca Berra bluca at comedia.it
Tue Oct 15 02:34:48 UTC 2002

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 04:03:29PM -0400, Josh Duncan wrote:
>Hi all,
>the disk is labelled using an "EFI GPT" disk label/partitioning arrangement.  I
>currently have two partitions defined, the first is 2gb and the second is 16gb.
>I can do a pvcreate on the second, but not on the first.  I've attached output
>from parted, fdisk, and pvcreate below...
looks like you have both a gpt partition and a compatibility dos-like
one. i am missing some info (partition detection logs at boot) output of
/proc/partition and lvmdiskscan. and i don't have an ia64 to play with
any more. might try modifiyng the partition detection code in the kernel
config

L.

Luca Berra -- bluca at comedia.it
        Communication Media & Services S.r.l.