[linux-lvm] creating a LVM ontop of a cryptated (ppdd) loop back device

Jose Luis Domingo Lopez linux-lvm at 24x7linux.com
Sun Oct 20 10:32:02 UTC 2002

On Sunday, 20 October 2002, at 10:19:11 +0200,
Jon Bendtsen wrote:

> > As said in my first post to this thread, the encryption layer is
> > provided by loop-aes (loop-aes.sourceforge.net), which is easy to setup
> > and is quite well documented (except for one little but annoying detail:
> > instead of "AES", the algorithm is called "rijndael", otherwise "loop"
> > complains loudly about an "unknown algorithm type").
>
> hmm ?? rijndael ?
> I've used it just fine with losetup -e AES256

Just a final note, and trying not to go too off-topic, this is maybe an
issue with my "mount" package version more than a "loop-aes" problem.
But I am not sure of which program or code checks for the "correctness"
of an algorithm name when you use "losetup" (in fact, the /proc/cipher
files don't appear on my system :-).

I will investigate it further, but this is off-topic here, so end of
thread on my part ;-).

--
Jose Luis Domingo Lopez
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian Linux Woody (Linux 2.4.19-pre6aa1)