[linux-lvm] Support for RedHat AS2.1?

Luca Berra bluca at comedia.it
Tue Oct 29 16:04:01 UTC 2002

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 10:43:40AM -0700, John DeFranco wrote:
>I see on the Sistina web page that LVM is supported on RedHat Advanced Server
>2.1. So I have a couple of questions:
>
>2. Which redhat kernel errata (2.4.9-e.3 and/or 2.4.9-e.8)?
latest (if that kernel can be called recent) is 2.4.9-e.9

>3. I did try to apply the 1.0.6 version on the 2.4.9-e.3 kernel I got a couple
>of patch installation errors (Makefile and lvm-snap.c was missing). Are these
>expected? I cannot find any other directions that are specific to AS2.1. Are
>there any others?
anyway standard lvm patch process supposes you have a stock kernel, and
AFAIR that was the only setup supported by sistina (feel free to correct
me if i am wrong).

i expected a difference in makefile lvm-mod-objs should be correct on rh
kernels (read the reject and the original and see for yourself)
and lvm-snap.h (not .c) has also been removed.
the rest of the patch is more or less a diff between your current lvm
files and those in LVM/1.0.6/kernel
so you can ignore those.

regards,
L.