[linux-lvm] raid1+lvm

Andreas Baier andreas.baier at mindmatics.de
Tue Sep 24 06:55:01 UTC 2002

Hi,

right now, I am not yet sure, if this all is ok, I´ve learned quiet a
bit about the LVM, and I remember, that it was not suggested to use
swap on a lvm in former times, and it doesn´t matter if it is a swap
file or a partition, since there could be bad things when memory is
tight. Perhaps this is problem is removed - I never used swap on a
lvm, but I did on a software raid1.

It would be perfect if that all would work, you built a system with
two cheap IDE-disks or scsi if you´re rich - than one can build a
small boot partition on both disks and with the rest of the disk one
can make a soft-raid1 with the lvm on top.

I know I can do it, so I have root and swap and data on the raid,
accessible via the lvm.  But would it work if mem is tight and the
system load is high or could I run into a deadlock ?

Best regards

Andreas

--
Andreas Baier