[linux-lvm] Recovering data on 2 out of 3 drives?

Vladimir G. Ivanovic vladimir at acm.org
Tue Apr 1 01:27:02 UTC 2003

One of three drives in a volume group has failed. Is it possible to
create a new, 2 drive volume group and mount it WITHOUT compromising the
original volume group? I'd like to leave open the option of getting a
data recovery company to transfer the data on the failed drive to an
identical drive that I will then want to use in the original volume
group.

Many thanks any help.

--- Vladimir