[linux-lvm] Block-Level Backup

Christophe Saout christophe at saout.de
Thu Aug 7 07:48:01 UTC 2003

Am Do, 2003-08-07 um 11.36 schrieb Joe Thornber:

> > but it'll be great if there's a tool,
> > that supoorts block-level increment backup....
>
> Icremental backup would be good, from the kernel side all you'd need
> is a dm target that records which blocks have changed - anyone
> interested in coding this ?

I'm still here. ;-)

You already wrote something like this. I was thinking about it. Perhaps
we could do some brainstorming how to exactly do this, not from the
programming side, I could find that out myself, but from the "output"
side.

Which options, what data format, what gets logged and where.

--
Christophe Saout <christophe at saout.de>