[linux-lvm] pvmove hangs

Jan Niehusmann list039 at gondor.com
Sat Aug 16 05:21:02 UTC 2003

Hi!

On my computer, pvmove just hangs at 0.2% done. First it looked like the
reason was that I hadn't loaded dm-mirror before calling pvmove.
Modprobe was called automatically, but tried to write to
/var/log/ksymoops/, which was on one of the lvs to move.

But then I booted to singe user mode and didn't mount any partitions on
lvm, and still, pvmove was hanging at 0.2%.

Another unusual detail about my installation is that the target pv is on
a degraded raid1 array. Perhaps there is some locking issue?

Jan