[linux-lvm] Re: problem building LVM2 for 2.6 (&2.4) kernel

USS Chris Callegari mazzystr at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 27 08:51:02 UTC 2003

>>On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 05:02:29PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>>2.6.0-test1-ac2 version and selected device mapper and v4 ioctl
>
>>I've not tried this kernel, but assuming it contains BLKGETSIZE64
>>you'll need to compile LVM2 against newer glibc kernel headers
>>(e.g. update the package for your linux distribution or symlink
>>/usr/include/linux to include/linux in your -ac tree)
>>
>Yes excellent - this worked for me with the 2.4.20 kernel
>ln -sf /usr/src/linux/include/linux /usr/include/linux
>and lvm2 tools will now compile without the "device/dev-io.c:215:
>`BLKGETSIZE64'"
>error.
>Thanks very much, now back to seeing if LVM2 will help me recover my 2
>remaining
>LV from a a 4xLV VG.
>
>Melinda :)

i was having the same issue.  linking to the source of a higher kernel
version didnt work for me.  even worse, the driver for my qlogic qla2340
isnt supported with higher kernel versions so recompiling is out of the
question.

i edited the $PATHTOSOURCE/LVM2.2.00.06/lib/device/dev-io.h file.  I placed
a "begin comment" at line215 and an "end comment" at the end of line219.

the program compiled without a hickup.

take care,
-Chris