[linux-lvm] half my space lost

Ronan-Yann Lorin ronan at les-lorin.homeip.net
Fri Dec 5 08:26:01 UTC 2003

Thank you for this explanation which sounds very clear.

One more question please. I do not understand why I can not extend my VG with the
second RAID partition:
[root at fw root]# pvdisplay /dev/md/8
pvdisplay -- "/dev/md/8" is a new physical volume of 125.38 MB

[root at fw root]# vgextend secured /dev/md/8
vgextend -- INFO: maximum logical volume size is 2 Terabyte
vgextend -- ERROR: physical volume "/dev/md/8" too small for physical extent siz
e of volume group "secured"

Thanks in advance.