[linux-lvm] EXT3 vs Reiserfs

Markus Schiltknecht markus at bluegap.ch
Mon Dec 8 09:09:01 UTC 2003

Hi Yanick

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 15:39, Yanick Quirion wrote:
> I'm just asking for your personal opinion and knowledge with them.

I'm using ReiserFS on my LVM volume, having already used the 'extend
online' function. I don't really need ACLs currently.

Concerning stability: I've once had a crash due to a power loss. Then I
must have done something wrong with LVM. Anyway, I've lost many files,
but don't think that was ReiserFS's fault.

I'm also using ReiserFS on a (relatively) heavily used webserver (2x AMD
2000+, 120GB HDD, ~100 GB Traffic / Month) and have never had problems
(there w/o LVM, pure ReiserFS partitions).

Markus