[linux-lvm] lvm support

Chris Cox chris_cox at stercomm.com
Fri Dec 12 13:11:01 UTC 2003

Little, Chris wrote:
> Is snapshot now unsupported?  Or am I asking the wrong questions or
> directing to the wrong place.  since it is an option to lvcreate and the
> maintainer lists sistina, i thought this would be the place to ask
> questions.

Can't speak for sistina... but I do agree with your
prior comments about it being buggy and unreliable.
In simple scenarios it seems to work ok... but
we had to use link-farm style solution instead
in order to make our disk based backup cache
work.  Your (well I asuume you had this too) out
of memory condition can be somewhat handled I believe
with a larger memory initrd.... but it's a temporary
fixup at best.... we started running out
of memory again.. just took longer.

Running SUSE 8.2 with 6TB of disk backup area.