[linux-lvm] Ext3 -> ReiserFS on '/' convertion prob

Madison Kelly linux at alteeve.com
Fri Dec 19 13:55:02 UTC 2003

Time for me to feel really foolish... I am trying to do just this from
'/' but I am getting a "Device or resource busy" error... '/proc' is
mounted off of root already... I tried continuing on and it seemed to
have worked anyway though it threw a LOT of:

depmod: *** Unresolved symbol in
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/unsupported/<dir/file>

The rest seemed fine and I made the entry into grub.conf pointing to the
new boot image. I ams till getting a kernel panic now but it no longer
seems to have anything to do with LVM, simply it is -still- looking for
an ext3 partition and obviously failing to find it.

Is there an LV, LVM, VG or PV command I need to issue to tell the system
that the filesystem is now resierfs? As I mentioned, I have edited
'/etc/fstab', '/etc/mtab' and '/etc/blkid.tab' to reflect the changes.
What am I missing? Gah! I feel like I am so close yet so far!

Madison