[linux-lvm] Ext3 -> ReiserFS on '/' conversion problem

Madison Kelly linux at alteeve.com
Sun Dec 21 21:10:02 UTC 2003

Thank you for such a lengthy responce, Holger.

	While I backup '/' to '/etc/sdd1' I have '/dev/sdd1' formatted as
'ext3'. I will try making  custom kernel in the morning to be sure that
ReiserFS is natively supported. I guess the biggest question in that
last post I had was how can I force the OS to use the '/etc/sdd1' as the
root partition instead of '/dev/vg0/root'? It isn't directly an LVM
question though so I may have stepped out of bounds asking that one
here... The joys of being new.

	As for extending the RAID array, I feared that what you said may be
true. I am trying to build a storage platform that can (after going
live) survive a disk failure and have space added without taking the
partition off-line. I've read about the raid tools and I hoped that once
I extended the RAID5 array (assuming I can do so, one disk at a time) I
then wanted to pass the new space along to LVM... Am I attempting the
impossible? :p

	Thank you again, everyone here is so helpful!

Madison