[linux-lvm] limit of 9 active LVs w/ LVM2?

Stefan Paletta stefanp at cabal1.com
Mon Dec 22 08:25:02 UTC 2003

Dear LVM folks,

I'm using latest LVM2 / dm with various 2.6 kernels with devfs, and it
seems to be impossible to have more than nine LVs active in a VG at
any one time. Very weird behaviour. Activation of what would be the
tenth results in another LV getting deactivated, although it remains
open and usable if it was open before.
I can hardly imagine that this is intended behaviour, but I can also
not find any previous reports of such a bug.

-Stefan
--
 junior guru                               SP666-RIPE         SMP at IRC