[linux-lvm] LVM2 and XFS/your patched-in FS of choice

shsp0058 at st-peter.stw.uni-erlangen.de shsp0058 at st-peter.stw.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Feb 5 17:12:01 UTC 2003

Quoting Andy Francke <afrancke at cisco.com>:

> Perhaps this has been answered already, but I can't seem to find it.
> Has
> anybody successfully used LVM2 *and* XFS with kernel 2.4.20?The patches
> are
> mutually exclusive, it would seem (both touch fs.h, but as a newbie I
> didn't
> want to try to merge the changes manually and end up with a bogus
> device
> data structure).

not realy successfully :(
(see post [linux-lvm] 2.4.20 + xfs +lvm2 = raid0_make_reque...
on linux-xfs,linux-lvm, dev-mapper archives)

but i didn't have troubles with patching
i got vanila 2.4.20 from kernel.org
split xfs patches and the dm backport patches.

try the split xfs patches and see which one gives you troubles,
eventualy you can skip it :)

svetljo   .