[linux-lvm] Re: RAID5 bug? [was: Re: raid and lvm]

Jesse Keating jkeating at pogolinux.com
Thu Feb 6 23:54:01 UTC 2003

On Thursday 06 February 2003 21:26, Jason Smith uttered:
> But I still have not seen a good solution.  Hopefully, I just haven't
> searched well enough.  Does nobody use RAID level 5 with LVM?  If this is
> still a problem, then it's a big showstopper for Linux as a file server, as
> I see it.

I have a few clients that use LVM on large hardware (3-ware) raid5 arrays.  I
don't think they've seen (they might not have looked) these types of errors
when the array is in degraded mode.

Does this effect only software raid?

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE