[linux-lvm] pvmove problem

B. Dobalina bdobalina at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 10 12:29:01 UTC 2003

Luckily I have some backups of all but one LV (which is just too big to
backup) on vol2. But it would be nice to recover that volume.

As far as syslog messages, I did not see anything out of the ordinary before
the pvmove. Now of course I get the error message produced by vgscan which I
pasted in the first message.

Not quite sure what you mean about "using vol2's content". I cannot get LVM
to recognize vol2, so of course it will not activate it. So I cannot mount
any of the volumes in vol2.

It is only complaining about /dev/vol2/software volume. If there was someway
I could delete this volume without having to have vol2 activated, that might
solve the problem--unless other volumes' metadata is corrupted as well. I
seem to remember reading about LVM2's ability to do a partial activation
(missing 1 or more PVs from a VG). Would it be worthwhile to try and mount
vol2 under LVM2 with hdh3 removed?

Thanks,
Skip