[linux-lvm] Severe problem: data lost while adding a partition

Sander Alberink alberink at stamppot.demon.nl
Mon Feb 17 16:12:01 UTC 2003

Heinz, all,

I really appreciate your help in this. However, I am rather reluctant to
dive in and be hasty in my commands. I really don't want to destroy my
data....
As I understand it, pvcreate -ff would re-initialize the physical
volume. As I understand it, I will have to add them to a volume group
again. But will the filesystem still be intact after that then?

Sorry if this sound like a beginner question to you. It very well might
be, but I'd rather be careful....

Best regards,

Sander