[linux-lvm] encryption in LVM2

Goetz Bock bock at blacknet.de
Mon Feb 17 18:46:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, Feb 17 '03 at 21:34, Jose Luis Domingo Lopez wrote:
> I don't know of anyone working on block-based encryption for LVM2/DM,
> but by now you can try one of the several filesystem-level encryption
> solutions out there. I have personally used loop-aes
hint: loop-aes is a block-based encryptor. It just happens to operate on
blocks in files, due to the limitations of loop device driver.

writing a personality for lvm2 to do blocklevel encryption would be nice

OTOH a group aware filesystem level encryption would be realy cool.
--
Goetz Bock       (c) 2003 as     blacknet.de - Munich - Germany   /"\
IT Consultant    GNU FDL 1.1    secure mobile Linux everNETting   \ /