[linux-lvm] Re: Re: Sharing LVM's via NFS on Redhat 8.0 Part2 - SAMBA?

Tom Georgoulias tom.georgoulias at motorola.com
Tue Feb 18 16:12:02 UTC 2003

DJ TweeQ wrote:

>> > If it is ok/proven that sharing LV's via NFS is possible (without data
>> > corruption)
> Mounting a LV via NFS (linux server to linux server)?

Are you aware of cases or situations that frown on this practice?

I have some data on logical volumes that are shared via NFS and I
haven't seen any problems, but now that you have asked the question I'm
starting to wonder if I'm putting that data at risk without even being
aware of it....

The system is running Red Hat 7.3 with all of the latest errata.  I'd be
really interested to hear responses from others on this topic.

Tom