[linux-lvm] "umount" LVM stuff

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Wed Feb 26 05:39:02 UTC 2003

Heinz J . Mauelshagen wrote:

>Following this thread it kind of looks like you worked around
>using LVM commands (i.e. removed a VG w/o using lvremove + vgremove).
>
>If so, not a good idea :(

Well, not to my knowledge I didn't.   But my knowledge of LVM is very
tiny.  All I remember doing was "vgchange -a n".

>What does pvscan list ?

pvscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
pvscan -- ACTIVE   PV "/dev/md0" of VG "vg0" [109.77 GB / 109.77 GB free]
pvscan -- total: 1 [109.78 GB] / in use: 1 [109.78 GB] / in no VG: 0 [0]

>What does vgck say ?

vgck -- VGDA of "vg0" in lvmtab is consistent
vgck -- VGDA of "vg0" on physical volume is consistent