[linux-lvm] "umount" LVM stuff

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Fri Feb 28 06:48:01 UTC 2003

>This all looks ok.
>
>Doesn't "vgchange -a y" bring your VG back ?
>If not so, try "vgscan ; vgchange -ay".

piano:/home/dcorbin# vgchange -ay
vgchange -- volume group "vg0" already active

So, it appears that the VG IS there.
----
 piano:/home/dcorbin# mount -t reiserfs /dev/vg0/data /data
mount: special device /dev/vg0/data does not exist

/dev/vg0/data is the device I used to use to mount it, and the error
message is correct if I look at my filesystem (it doesn't exist).
----
piano:/home/dcorbin# mount -t reiserfs /dev/vg0/group  /data
mount: /dev/vg0/group is not a block device

I tried this command because /dev/vg0/group is the only device in /dev/vg0
----
Here are some other commands that I tried that may or may not tell you
something...

piano:/home/dcorbin#
lvscan
lvscan -- no logical volumes found
piano:/home/dcorbin# ls -ltar /dev/vg0
total 28
crw-r-----    1 root     disk     109,   0 Feb 24 06:53 group
drwxr-xr-x   10 root     root        24576 Feb 24 06:53 ..
dr-xr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Feb 24 06:53 .