[linux-lvm] cannot extend lv

Rainer.Lay at informatik.uni-erlangen.de Rainer.Lay at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Sun Jan 19 03:15:01 UTC 2003

My idea was not to make a 4 stripe set with 4 PV, but a 2 stripe set:

stripe1: aaaaaaaaabbbbbb
stripe2: cccccccccdddddd

so if PV a and c are full, PV b and d are used.

I would create a new lv as you suggested, but drives a and c are two
times bigger than b and d, so I thought about the above solution.

Rainer