[linux-lvm] problem building LVM2 for 2.6 kernel

Melinda Taylor melinda at phys.unsw.edu.au
Sun Jul 20 19:56:02 UTC 2003

Quoting Alasdair G Kergon <agk at uk.sistina.com>:

> On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 05:02:29PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > 2.6.0-test1-ac2 version and selected device mapper and v4 ioctl
>
> I've not tried this kernel, but assuming it contains BLKGETSIZE64
> you'll need to compile LVM2 against newer glibc kernel headers
> (e.g. update the package for your linux distribution or symlink
> /usr/include/linux to include/linux in your -ac tree)

Yes excellent - this worked for me with the 2.4.20 kernel

ln -sf /usr/src/linux/include/linux /usr/include/linux

and lvm2 tools will now compile without the "device/dev-io.c:215: `BLKGETSIZE64'"
error.

Thanks very much, now back to seeing if LVM2 will help me recover my 2 remaining
LV from a a 4xLV VG.

Melinda :)