[linux-lvm] Which meta-data format to use with lvm2?

Rainer Krienke krienke at uni-koblenz.de
Tue Jul 22 08:44:05 UTC 2003

Hello,

I just set up a lvm2 configuration running on a suse-System with a 2.4er
Kernel. Everythings works fine now.  I Use lvm 2.2.00.05.

I have one simple decision problem: What metadata format should I use? lvm1 or
lvm2. I did not find much info about the advantages and stability of format
lvm2. The lvm man pages says that lvm2 is better and more resilient, so
should I use it or better stay with lvm1.

Any experiences?

Thanks a lot
Rainer
Rainer Krienke, Universitaet Koblenz, Rechenzentrum
Universitaetsstrasse 1, 56070 Koblenz, Tel: +49 261287 -1312, Fax: -1001312
Mail: krienke at uni-koblenz.de, Web: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke
Get my public PGP key: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke/mypgp.html