[linux-lvm] Installation issue

Fernandes, Santhos Lj santhosh.fernandes at hp.com
Mon Jun 9 09:32:07 UTC 2003

Hello,

I am trying to install LVM 2.0 on my Redhat AS 2.1. Before installing
this I need to install device-mapper. I downloaded both tar files from
your site.

I am running kernel version is linux-2.4.9-e.3smp.  When I am installing
device-mapper.0.96.08 I am facing some problems.

I am trying to execute 'make apply-patches', this command will fail's
with error message 'can't open patch file
/device-mapper.0.96.08/patches/linux-2.4.9-esmp-devmapper-ioctl.patch :
No such file or directory'

When I check for this file in patches subdirectory, file doesn't exists.
The files linux-2.4.19-devmapper-ioctl.patch /
linux-2.4.20-devmapper-ioctl.patch are exists.

Can I know that I am using the right version of packages to install in
my server ? if not please suggest me the right link

Else please suggest me to resolve this problem.

Thanks

Santhosh