[linux-lvm] read-only media in a LVM?

Sean P. Kane spkane at genomatica.com
Mon Jun 16 08:35:02 UTC 2003

I saw this email below and was wondering if this is supported in both dm
and the LVM2 tools now. I am trying to setup a bootable cd, that can be
written to during that session and this would be a god send, since as
the last person points out there really isn't a mature way to do this in
the 2.4/2.5 kernels. 2.6 is suppose to have a unionfs sometime after
release, but this is an immediate project.

Thanks,
Sean

Sean P. Kane
spkane at genomatica.com
Lead Infrastructure Architect
Genomatica, Inc. <http://www.genomatica.com/>
"When we destroy something man has created we call it vandalism......
 When we destroy something that Gaia
<http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=gaia>  has created we call it
progress."

[linux-lvm] read-only media in a LVM?