[linux-lvm] read-only media in a LVM?

Sean P. Kane spkane at genomatica.com
Mon Jun 23 18:54:02 UTC 2003

I'd love to have a unionfs, but my understanding is that no such beast
exists for Linux 2.4 currently and won't likely appear until after the
2.6 release. If this is not the case, I would love to hear about it. Is
there some decent (although maybe beta) support for a unionfs in the 2.5
kernels? I am using the LVM2 backport to 2.4 currently to test the
device-mapper approach out in the meantime, but if there is a better way
to do it, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks,
Sean

Sean P. Kane
spkane at genomatica.com
Lead Infrastructure Architect
Genomatica, Inc.
"When we destroy something man has created we call it vandalism......
 When we destroy something that Gaia has created we call it progress."