[linux-lvm] Volume Group Size

Andreas Dilger adilger at clusterfs.com
Wed Jun 25 12:47:01 UTC 2003

On Jun 25, 2003  18:00 +0100, Stuart Fox wrote:
> I cant find information about the maximum volume group size in the current
> 2.4  series kernel.
>
> Id like to be able to join 2 1.75Tb raid arrays into  1 3.5Tb array.
> Is this possible?

No, there is a limit of 2TB for all block devices in 2.4 kernels.  With
2.5, there is a "large block device" configure option that lets you have
larger block devices.  There is apparently also a patch to support this
on 2.4 kernels, but AFAIK it is not very widely used/tested.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger