[linux-lvm] can't find volumes

Mark lvm at ruby.ridersoft.net
Fri Jun 27 08:34:08 UTC 2003

"Heinz J . Mauelshagen" <mauelshagen at sistina.com> wrote ..

> Mark,
>
> that's probably the missing /proc in your chroot environment.

It is ?
Before chrooting, I do (mind you, this is from a livecd environment)

vgscan
vgchange -ay

mount /dev/lv/ide /mnt/gentoo
mount /dev/hde7 /mnt/gentoo/boot
mount -t proc proc /mnt/gentoo/proc

chroot /mnt/gentoo /bin/bash

(where /mnt/gentoo is the root of the to be installed linux system)
If that isn't the right thing to do, then how do I do it right ?

Many thanx already, hope I can get some more help.

best regards
Mark

<--- previous mail follows from on here --->