[linux-lvm] lvm2: VG data differs between PVs /dev/hda3 and /dev/hdg3

Alasdair G Kergon agk at uk.sistina.com
Mon Mar 3 07:07:02 UTC 2003

On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 03:07:24PM +0000, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
> Below I've included the output of a few commands from the working
> lvm1 installation - more info available as required.

So I can find the seg fault, please send me full diagnostic output
from the failing 'pvs' command:
e.g. add to config file:
    log {
            file="/tmp/lvm2.log"
	    level=7
    }
Run the failing 'pvs' command then send lvm2.log.

For the other problem, a copy of how LVM2 interprets the
metadata might help:
  vgcfgbackup -P -f <outputfile>

And also you can use LVM1's 'pvdata' with various flags
to see how LVM1 interprets the same on-disk metadata:
  e.g. pvdata -a -v /dev/hda1

Alasdair
agk at uk.sistina.com