[linux-lvm] Max storage size per system

Greg Freemyer freemyer-ml at NorcrossGroup.com
Wed Mar 5 11:45:02 UTC 2003

 >>  On Wednesday 05 March 2003 07:05, Anders Widman wrote:
 >>  > Hm,  sounds  like  lots.  :)  What kind of devices will you be running
 >>  > with.  Even  with  300GB  drives  you will need 300-400 of them to get
 >>  > 100TB.

 >>  Easily achieved w/ such technologies as iscsi and hyperscsi (;

Don't leave out good old FC (Fibre Channel).

I just went to a seminar where EMC is going to start supporting 300 GB ide drives in their CX line.  (To be announced shortly.)

I think a maxed out cx600 holds 240 drives.  (Some of these may still need to be fibre drives, not ide.)

So you put in a couple of CX600s full of drives and use LVM to manage it.

The only trouble is $$, not technology.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer