[linux-lvm] lvm and md

Rechenberg, Andrew ARechenberg at shermanfinancialgroup.com
Mon Mar 10 06:57:01 UTC 2003

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe mdadm can start
the arrays based on the RAID superblock UUID.  So even if the device
name changes it still knows which partition belongs to which md device.

Mdadm is an alternative software RAID management utility.  It is very
nice.  Check it out at http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~neilb/source/mdadm/

Hope this helps,
Andy.