[linux-lvm] LVM snap size weirdness...

Barry, Christopher cbarry at infiniconsys.com
Thu Mar 20 16:00:02 UTC 2003

Joe (the Magician),
	Thanks, for the insight on exactly what snapshots are doing. I was unaware that snapshots were updated by deltas (or, more precisely, only are the deltas) - I thought they were a static view of the volume at 'x' point in time. Guess that's why it only took a few secs to make!

Another question:

	When a backup program grabs files from the snapshot volume, is it subject to open file issues that are normally a problem during backups?

--
Christopher Barry
Manager of Information Systems