[linux-lvm] lvm and md

Dale J. Stephenson dalestephenson at mac.com
Fri Mar 21 09:54:17 UTC 2003

On Thursday, March 20, 2003, at 08:45  PM, Rocky Lee wrote:
> I've set the
> "persistent_superbit  1"  in raidtab
> all disk partition type were also all " raid auto detect"
>
> then if I delete the original raidtab file and reboot.
> the system couldn't find the raid device, the LVM coundn't find the
> volume
> either.
> does md have to depend on the raidtab file?

Did you change the persistent_superbit in raidtab before creating the
RAID?  If not, it didn't get written to the RAID superblock stored
inside the partitions
used for the RAID -- and that's where it must be for raid autodetect to
work.
Autodetect doesn't use raidtab -- the only thing that uses raidtab are
the
raidtools themselves.

You might want to consider using mdadm instead of raidtools.

Dale J. Stephenson
dalestephenson at mac.com