[linux-lvm] mount root filesystem on lvm

Manfred Gschweidl m.gschweidl at inode.at
Sun May 11 14:03:03 UTC 2003

hello again,

when i do a vgscan, i always get some messages like ...

SystemID universe1010067245 on /dev/md11 differs from universe1010064286
for volume group

can anyone explain me, what this message means??? it seems that for all
physical volumes, for which i get this message, the volume group, in
which the pyhisical volume resides, cannot be activated.

thanks for any explanation in advance,

manfred