[linux-lvm] RE: stock kernel 2.4.20 + LVM 1.0.7 + ext3fs => snapshot problem?

C R Ritson C.R.Ritson at newcastle.ac.uk
Thu May 15 07:27:02 UTC 2003

The solution appears to be to apply the patches in the other order. To
create a kernel capable of making a snapshot of an active ext3 or
reiserfs volume, the drill appears to be to apply the VFS-lock patch for
the appropriate kernel version to the un-patched kernel tree, and only
THEN to apply the generated LVM patch.

This makes me wonder if it would be possible to add this to the
configure script, so that I could say

	configure --with-VFS-lock

I envisage makeing --with-ext3 and --with-reiserfs aliases for the
above. Just an idea.

Chris Ritson (Computing Officer)

Rm 618, Claremont Bridge,       EMAIL: C.R.Ritson at newcastle.ac.uk
School of Computing Science,    PHONE: +44 191 222 8175
University of Newcastle,        FAX  : +44 191 222 8232
Newcastle on Tyne, UK NE1 7RU.  http://www.cs.ncl.ac.uk/~c.r.ritson/