[linux-lvm] What are they talking about?

Greg Freemyer freemyer at NorcrossGroup.com
Wed May 21 15:46:01 UTC 2003

Kevin,

I understand how LVM2, DM, and EVMS are architected.

I still have no idea what the article is talking about.

Are you saying that the referenced sources just don't understand how it all works
and that the "industrial-strength Logical Volume Manager" they want is achievable via
the current DM implementation in combination with appropriate high quality
user-space tools?

That certainly agrees with what I thought and why I was so confused by the article.

Thanks
Greg
--
Greg Freemyer