[linux-lvm] MultiPath

Ryan Frank Ryan.Frank at twcable.com
Thu May 22 17:53:02 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 17:57, Andrew Patterson wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 15:19, Ryan Frank wrote:
> > Hello All!
> >
> > I am running RedHat AS 2.1 2.4.9-e3custom kernel (Many reasons why so
> > old)... I have compiled in the the default LVM and multipath options in
> > the kernel.  I have also compiled in the new drivers for my FC Cards
> > (Qlogic 2300).  I can see all my storage... However! I cannot seem to
> > get the multipathing to work.  I see all 6 drives (3 from each card)...
> > Is there a magic trick to get the multipathing to work?  I am at a loss
> > here...
> >

> If you are using MD multipathing, you need to edit/create an
> /etc/raidtab file and then run mkraid or raidstart.  You then use a
> /dev/md* device to access your storage.

I got the MD device setup in raidtab I am using the "multipath"
personality... It is not utilizing both paths though... I started a
write, then pulled the active path to simulate failure, and it just died
:) fun fun... thanks for the help!

|Ryan Frank               Unix System Administrator  |
|Time Warner Cable        7910 Crescent Executive Dr.|
|(704) 731-3324 - phone   3rd Floor                  |
|(704) 731-1180 - fax     Charlotte, NC 28217        |
|150*143328*1 - nextel    ryan.frank at twcable.com     |