[linux-lvm] LVM2 strangeness.

Max Kalika max+lists.lvm-dev at lsit.ucsb.edu
Fri May 30 10:48:02 UTC 2003

Quoting Joe Thornber <thornber at sistina.com>:

> On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 02:49:41PM -0700, Max Kalika wrote:
>>   May 29 14:14:15 butters invalidate: busy buffer
>>   ... on and on and on ...
>
> This is due to us trying to flush the LVM metadata writes to a device
> that also contains a mounted filesystem, it should only happen when
> you change your LVM configuration (eg, take another snapshot).  We're
> using O_DIRECT in the next release, so they will go away soon.

What is strange though is that these messages seemed to have been reported
when the system was just doing the rsync -- I wasn't changing any LVM
configuration at that time.  Could it have been an unfinished configuration
that hasn't been flushed to disk yet or some such? (Please excuse my
limited understanding).

--
---max kalika
--max at lsit.ucsb.edu